Benefits Of Fish Oil

Before we dive straight into the benefits of fish oils, let’s make it clear what fish oil is. Fish oil is the fat or oil that is extracted from fish tissue.

Fish oil generally comes from oily fish such as tuna, anchovies, herring, and mackerel. In some cases, it can be produced from the livers of other fish, for example, cod liver oil.

About 30% of fish oil is made up of omega-3s, while the remaining 70% is made up of different fats. Fish oil also regularly contains other vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin D.

If you are not getting enough oily fish in your regular diet, then taking a fish oil supplement can help ensure that you get enough omega-3 fatty acids.  Fish oil supplements are one of the most consumed dietary supplements on the market.

Benefits Of Fish Oil Supplements

Supports Eye Health

Similar to our brains, our eyes rely on omega-3 fats, and there has been evidence that shows people who don’t get enough omega-3s in their diet are at a greater risk of eye diseases.

There have been studies that have shown that by consuming a high dose of fish oil for 19 weeks, patients showed to have improved vision.

Supports Skin Health

Considering your skin is the largest organ on your body, it is important to take extra special care of your skin when you can. The omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oils can serve to regulate the skin’s oil production, improve balanced hydration, minimise breakouts and fight the signs of aging. Omega-3s can also help to soften dry or rough skin, while also having a soothing effect on dermatitis or skin irritations.

Supports Bone Health

As we age, our bones can start to lose their essential minerals, which makes them more likely to break, this can then lead to other conditions such as osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.

As we know, calcium and vitamin D are very important for bone health, but in more recent studies, it is being suggested that omega-3 fatty acids can also be beneficial to maintaining bone health.

Can Reduce Liver Fat

As your liver processes most of the fat in your body, it can play a role in weight gain. Liver disease is becoming increasingly common, and by taking fish oil supplements you can help improve liver function and inflammation, which may help reduce symptoms of NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease) and the amount of fat in your liver.

May Prevent Symptoms of Mental Decline

As we get older, our brain function slows, and our risk of Alzheimer’s disease increases, but by incorporating more fish and omega-3s into our diet, we can delay and potentially prevent the decline in brain function.

It has also been shown in some smaller studies that fish oil can improve memory in healthy, older adults.

Fish Oil Supplements

If you are not consuming 1-2 portions of oily fish every week, you might consider taking a fish oil supplement. If you are unsure of what supplements you need, consider doing some research and consulting your GP.


Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega-D3 provides a high concentration of health-promoting omega-3 fats with added natural vitamin D3, both required nutrients. Ultimate Omega-D3 supports strong immune function and bone health. All fish oils used in Nordic Naturals products surpass the strictest international standards for purity and freshness.


Optimum fish oil is a natural supplement filled with Omega-3 essential fatty acids, these are essential because they are a component of every living cell in the body, and are necessary for rebuilding existing cells and the production of new cells. Studies show fish oil supports healthy heart function and joint flexibility.


Kinetica’s Omega 3 is a highly concentrated essential fatty acid sourced from fish oil. Each 1000mg capsule provides a massive 48% EPA and 12% DHA which are vital for a healthy heart, good circulation and supple joints.


EPA/DHA in optimum pure and potent form, triple the quantity to levels found commonly in fish oil supplements

  • Supports brain and eyes
  • Heart health-friendly
  • Excellent support for your daily health and wellbeing regime
  • Free from sugar, salt, and starch
  • 2/day
  • Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free