5 Minute Killer Leg Workout
Let’s get straight to the point: here are some killer leg workouts that you can do in just under 5 minutes – but don’t be fooled, just because these exercises are short, does not mean they are easy, so get ready to feel the burn!
Squats are an excellent leg workout and everyone knows it – but regular squats can get a little boring, so why not switch it up a little with some side squats! Side squats are great for your legs and your butt and by adding in the little sidestep to your squat you will really feel that burn. You might even miss regular squats after a couple of these!
*You can also add a kettlebell or dumbbell to this exercise for added difficulty.
- Stand straight with your legs shoulder-width apart and your arms by your side (unless you are holding a weight to your chest).
- Stepping to the right, sit back into a squat and raise your arms into a comfortable position in front of you.
- Rise and return back to your starting position.
- Repeat on the left side.
Plie Squat Pulses
Squat pulses are a great way to work your glutes, quads, hammies and your core while also building your endurance. A few reps of these squats will work up a serious sweat and you can be sure you will be feeling it the next day.
- Stand with your feet a good bit wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes pointed outwards.
- Bring your hands together in the middle of your body for balance.
- Squat down until your hips are below your knees.
- Pause and bring your hips slightly above your knees.
- Repeat this motion by pulsing back down and up again.
My issue with a regular plank is that while I’m in the plank position, I am constantly thinking about how much I hate planking… So by adding in the jumping jack move, you not only get an incredibly challenging workout, but you’ll also forget about how much you hated to plank in the first place – because this is far tougher.
- Start in the plank position with your arms extended and hands under your shoulders and your feet together.
- Keep your body in a straight line from your head to heels and engage your core.
- Jump both feet out wide to each side as if you were doing a horizontal jumping jack.
- Staying in the plank position, jump your feet back together.
- Continue jumping in and out while keeping your back flat.
When done correctly, the donkey kick is a highly effective exercise for strengthening, firming and sculpting your glutes while also toning your calf muscles. This exercise can also be made more difficult by adding resistance bands or ankle weights.
- While on all fours, keep your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees under your hips.
- Engage your core and lift one leg behind you, keep your knee bent so the sole of your foot ends up facing the roof.
- Bring your leg back down slowly and controlled.
- Do all of your reps on one side before switching to the other leg.
Repeat this circuit for a killer leg workout that will leave you feeling the burn tomorrow!