4 Low-Impact Cardio Workouts
Whether you are starting your workout journey, just getting back into it, or if you have concerns with joint pain or injuries, then low-impact cardio might be the safest and effective method of exercise for you!
So if you are looking for some simple low-impact cardio workouts, keep reading below!
Although you might feel crazy doing the speed skating move, this low-impact version of the speed skater omits the jumping but still gives you a great workout!
- Begin with your legs slightly wider than shoulder-distance apart and arms at the sides.
- Bring one leg behind at a slight angle into a reverse lunge. The front knee will come to a 90-degree angle.
- Swing the arms in front of that bent knee and leap the back leg forward to switch sides in a skating motion. Arms alternate as you switch sides like a speed skater.
- To keep low impact, do not come off the ground as you switch feet.
It wouldn’t be a Discount Supplements Ireland blog without some core work! When doing standing crunches, be sure to keep your core engaged for maximum effect!
- Begin by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms bent, keep your hands on the back of your head and elbows flared out to the side.
- To start the movement, bend to your right side, bringing your elbow down as you simultaneously bring your right knee up to touch.
- Return to your starting position.
- Repeat the same steps on the left side.
The lateral shuffle engages the muscles in your calves, hamstrings, quads, hip flexors, and glutes. It also increases coordination and agility for those hard side-to-side movements!
- Begin by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, keeping your knees slightly bent, hips slightly bent so you’re maintaining a forward posture, and your arms comfortably in front of you.
- Shift your weight toward your right, pick up your right foot, and push off from your left foot to move your body to the right.
- Move as quickly as you can during this movement while maintaining your form.
- Bring your feet back together, and repeat, continuing to “shuffle” to the right, propelling yourself with your left foot as you go.
A simple bodyweight squat paired with arm movements will really get your blood pumping! Squat jabs are really a great way to get in some cardio while keeping your feet firmly planted.
- Begin by standing with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and your arms down at your sides.
- Squat down into a regular squat.
- Stand up, and when your legs are extended, throw a cross-body punch with each arm.
- Squat down again, stand up, and punch.